Does it have a electric chock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it have a electric chock

I bought a new 70 hp 4 stroke. Does it have a choke that requires an ignition switch with a push in choke function?
    Thanks
    Capt. Pete
    Last edited by CAPTPETE1; 05-27-2016, 03:00 PM. Reason: spelling

No choke.

The F70 uses electronic fuel injection. The computer senses when the engine is cold and provides for automatic fuel enrichment to give the cold motor the extra gasoline that it needs for start up and warm up.

The operator does not have to do squat. Just turn the key to the start position and wait for the motor to fire up.

Yamaha refers to this as PrimeStart.

PrimeStart™ – Yamaha’s auto-enrichment system provides
    consistent adjustment-free starting in all climates.

Comment

Just to add, what I do on cold start up, it'll idle a little higher than when warmed up.

It'll take a minute or two (or more if the waters real cold) for the idle to drop to normal. I wait for the idle to drop to normal.

its a bit easier on the lower unit and of course gives the engine a chance to warm up a little...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        Just to add, what I do on cold start up, it'll idle a little higher than when warmed up.

It'll take a minute or two (or more if the waters real cold) for the idle to drop to normal. I wait for the idle to drop to normal.

its a bit easier on the lower unit and of course gives the engine a chance to warm up a little...
        Be glad you don't have an F250. That damn thing sounds like it is going to run away when it starts. I hate it.

What's up with that anyway? My F150 truck does the same thing.

And yes, let the motor warm up and drop to its normal RPM before shifting into gear.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Be glad you don't have an F250. That damn thing sounds like it is going to run away when it starts. I hate it.

What's up with that anyway? My F150 truck does the same thing.

And yes, let the motor warm up and drop to its normal RPM before shifting into gear.
          My 01 Toyota 4 Runner does the same thing.

The bike, I have the idle set lower than recommended and on cold start, (about 1,100 RPM's warmed up), might be 1,300 RPM cold

The F150 OB, 8-900 RPM's cold, the water is about 80F now, so it'll start at about 800 cold, and drop to 700 in maybe 2 minutes...

I don't know why cages are generally set to run so high on initial cold start up (when most of your wear occurs). Maybe a throw back to the old days when most used a "coil" and expanded, opening the choke and lowering the idle as the engine warmed...

Now a-days, there's no reason with all the electronic's, they'd let the computer adjust accordingly to conditions...
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X