fuel leak near enrichment valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel leak near enrichment valve

Hello! I have a 94 (50EJRS) outboard jet. This motor has been incredibly reliable for 12 years, only the sparkplugs have ever been replaced! It went from starting instantly when toggling the choke at the remote...to having to crank for five or ten seconds on its last two outings. Yesterday I noticed a small fuel leak which appears to be coming from the bottom carb near the enrichment valve. The motor will run fine up to about 50% throttle. If you run wide open it will die after 1 or two minutes. I suspect the diaphragm at the enrichment valve due to the proximity of the leak. I also noticed 0 ohms when testing the solenoid valve there. I am wondering if the solenoid failed and overworked that diaphragm. Am I on the right track?

Sounds pretty logical to me. You can order a new solenoid and diaphragm from here. The solenoid is p/n 6H4-86120-00-00 ($38) and the diaphragm is p/n 6H4-24411-00-00 ($5).

Or here's a link to the parts page:
    http://www.boats.net/yamaha/partsyst...mponent=365183

If you don't have a factory service manual it would be a good idea to get one, they pay for themselves. www.Yamahapubs.com to order online.

Good luck.

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X