How to get more power in 50 hp two stroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get more power in 50 hp two stroker

I have a 50 hp 1989. It seems there are about same power head on 50,60 and 70 hp motors.
    Cyl.volyme 849 cm3 on all of them. What do I need to do to increase power on mine?

Originally posted by bogunnar View Post
    I have a 50 hp 1989. It seems there are about same power head on 50,60 and 70 hp motors.
    Cyl.volyme 849 cm3 on all of them. What do I need to do to increase power on mine?
    Compare all of the difference between a 1989 50 HP model and a 1989 70 HP model in the Yamaha parts catalog. Once you know what is used on the 70 that is not used on your 50 you can buy those parts to install on your motor. Intake, carburetors, CDI are a few of the things that come to mind.

Once you have done this and priced out new parts, if still available, you might come to the conclusion that it makes more sense to sell what you have and buy a 70 HP model.

Comment

Originally posted by bogunnar View Post
      It seems there are about same power head on 50,60 and 70 hp motors.
      Cyl.volyme 849 cm3 on all of them.
      The 50D have 696cc, not 849 like the 50G have.

You must be looking on a wrong data.

Some guys use the carbs of a yami 70HP on some 50 2 strk model (IDK what 50 models) but in my opinion thats not the way to go even when I use Tohatsu 40 carbs on my 30 3 cyl

Comment

Here is a web site that sells stuff to get 10 more HP from that 50. Hydro Tec Marine
        Hydro Tec Homepage

the 40 & 50 are close to the same motor and apparently the 60 and 70 are also close to each other.
        have not seen or heard of anyone hitting them with nitous though. something you could try. If you do let us know how it turns out

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          Here is a web site that sells stuff to get 10 more HP from that 50. Hydro Tec Marine
          Hydro Tec Homepage
          That kits can be good but are very expensive for a 10HP improvement! At least for my wallet

40H (6H4) and 50D (6H5) share the same block of 696cc while the 50G (62F) 60F (6H2) and 70B (6H3) share the same block of 849cc.

If I'm not wrong the 50 (62F) in known in EU as 50PRO

Comment

Sorry guys. I was looking at wrong SM as almetelo states.

Comment

Working...
            X