Help with Vmaxx 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Vmaxx 225

I don't think I am getting fuel to the cylinders. I am getting fuel to the high pressure pump. I have a 2001 225 vmaxx 2 stoke. It was running fine til I did some rigging on the motor. I believe all wires are connected. How can I tell if the high pressure pump is working. If it isn't any idea would be appreciated.

What specific rigging did you do IS the question....?
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

easy way?
      have someone turn the key on while you listen at the motor with the hood off.
      if it works you will hear it for 3-5 seconds at key on.

now to tell if its working correctly you will need a fuel pressure test gauge.

Comment

Help with vmaxx 225

Thanks for the help. I turned the key to on and the high pressure pump did not turn on. This is where I thought my problem was from the beginning, just didn't know for sure. I bought the boat and replaced the floor. Then hooked the motor up and it started and ran fine. I then unhooked the motor to run the wires through a two inch rigging and re-hooked the motor. This is where the self inflicted problems started. The motor has been rebuilt by a boat shop that also disconnected the oil pump. So I believe I have a broken wire or something is not hooked up. I have checked and can't see what I missed. There are wires that are disconnected when the oil pump was eliminated. I bypassed the shift switch just to make sure that wasn't the problem. I would appreciate any idea before I have to take it to the shop. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X