Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid 80s 140 yamaha starter motor

Hi guys. does anyone have the part number for the starter motor on a
    mid 80s 140 yamaha?? any help would be much appreciated...

as always posting the complete model # would help

Comment

Up above, toward the right, in RED WRITING, is a "purchase Yamaha parts" link.

You can look up all your parts with the year and model #...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

If your motor is a 140B PID 6F33 the starter part # is 6N7-81800-10

Comment

He won't be finding the parts book for a 140 at boats.net since this model was never offered in the USA.

Now if buying from boats.net you will need to add a -00 to the part number that the helpful Mr. Almetelo provided. That guy always comes through.

But get ready to pay some big bucks.

6N7-81800-10-00 YAMAHA STARTING MOTOR ASSY

You might want to think about finding an auto electric shop that can repair/rebuild starter motors.

Comment

Ebay can also be your friend sometimes.
            Plug the P/N in.

Comment

Maybe your motor can be raised/rebuilt???....reason I mention this is I understand these motors can be pricey$$$$

Comment

If a 140A starter # 6E5-81800-11 also used on 115A and maybe other models.

Good luck.

Comment

starter

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  He won't be finding the parts book for a 140 at boats.net since this model was never offered in the USA.

Now if buying from boats.net you will need to add a -00 to the part number that the helpful Mr. Almetelo provided. That guy always comes through.

But get ready to pay some big bucks.

6N7-81800-10-00 YAMAHA STARTING MOTOR ASSY

You might want to think about finding an auto electric shop that can repair/rebuild starter motors.
                  thanks for that guys! The starter motor is a complete right off so unable to repair it and the auto elec guys have scrapped it while i was sorting out what i was doing hense the reason i need the part number, and yes the same starter moter is used from a 115 through to 140 apparently. original yammie starter is about 1000 nz dollars but i can get an after market one for about 300, its a hitachi.... thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
                    If your motor is a 140B PID 6F33 the starter part # is 6N7-81800-10
                    bugger,,,, thats not it,,, my old starter did not have the two top flange mounting holes,,, this one is the same one the auto elec guy thought it would be,,, but no, different mounting set up to mine...

Comment

Better still would be for you to provide the complete engine serial number so that the exact Yamaha starter can be pinned down. Once that is known you can either get the Yamaha branded starter or possibly an aftermarket one from

ARCO Marine, Boat Alternators,Boat Starters,Boat Tilt-Trim Motors and Marine Electrical Parts

Comment

Working...
                      X