2015 Vmax SHO250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Vmax SHO250

Guys Im loking for some real world feedback on the 250SHO Vmax. Looking at building a new boat (23 foot sport cruiser) and really like the yamaha engines. Has anyone got any real world feedback for me?

Little SHO specific traffic on this website.

Try the Yamaha forums on bass boat central. Lots of folks there are using SHO's daily. For the most part they are pretty knowledgeable.

Yamaha Motors

Comment

very large difference between a bass boat motor and a motor for a 23 CC.

Comment

Maybe he is thinking of the VF250XA which has the larger clamp brackets, power trim and tilt system, lower unit and other features more representative of an Offshore type model. Just without the digital throttle.

I am not sure what a "sport cruiser" is. Nonetheless the SHO LA model has been used on some 24 foot bay boats.

Now that you got me to thinking, is the VF250XA a bass motor or a non-bass boat motor?

Comment

the V typically indicates a 20" transom bass boat motor. typically V designated motors run a slightly different gear ratio and a few other items.

most bay boats here run 25-35" transoms.

or service manager is running a vf250 on a 21 ranger.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            the V typically indicates a 20" transom bass boat motor. typically V designated motors run a slightly different gear ratio and a few other items.

most bay boats here run 25-35" transoms.

or service manager is running a vf250 on a 21 ranger.
            Typically it does. Usually it does. But not always. Remember, these are Yamaha's that are being discussed. Yamaha is anything but consistent. Remember they are the ones that change wire colors across connectors. And have warning systems that go silent when the motor is put into gear. And have high output models without knock sensors. Who in the hell knows the methods to their madness!

The VF250XA has a 25" mid-section. Also has the same gear ratio as the Offshore. Seems to be an Offshore without digital controls, but labeled as a bass/bay boat motor.

Comment

that's why I don't like the new model numbering. but I did read that Yamaha has a new version of the VF250 for bay boats that typically run 25" motors.
              I have head certain bass boats are going to 25" transoms.
              so far the 4.2 has been better than the 5.3.

Comment

that's why I don't like the new model numbering. but I did read that Yamaha has a new version of the VF250 for bay boats that typically run 25" motors.
                I have head certain bass boats are going to 25" transoms.
                so far the 4.2 has been better than the 5.3.
                Two points on which we can absolutely positively agree.

Comment

very large difference between a bass boat motor and a motor for a 23 CC.
                  Wont be centre console they look hideous and are useless IMO.

Heres the boat im looking to build

F23 Social

20 inch transom. was thinking of IMCO steering and digital throttle and shift. THese are what Us Australians call social sports crusiers. You can water ski, sleep, it has an on board bathroom, fridge and hot shower on the transom. Night light in the cabin and DVD player if thats what blows you hair back. The basic boat would be 70K AUS with a 250. Hence I was looking for the feed back on the engine.

Comment

Working...
                  X