Lifting and storing a F15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting and storing a F15?

I'd like to run some of the shallower gravel bottom scenic rivers around here using my 1975 Evinrude 15hp (70 pounds) instead of my like-new spotless condition 2004 F15 that weighs in at 115 pounds plus battery.
    I'm hoping for a noticeably shallower draft and there's no point in beating up the nice motor.

Are there lifting points on the F15 that I'm not finding so far?
    It looks like it'll be fairly awkward to wrestle around by hand...

The lifting points are the bottom of the cowling. You wrap your arms around the motor and lift it up. Carry it to wherever and then set it down. Keep your back straight of course.

The steering bracket has a quasi handle of sorts.

The F15 is considered to be a portable model. No dedicated lifting rings on the block itself, as you would find with a non-portable model.

Oh, disconnect the battery and the fuel tank before lifting the motor. Don't try and lift this stuff all together.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      The lifting points are the bottom of the cowling. You wrap your arms around the motor and lift it up. Carry it to wherever and then set it down. Keep your back straight of course.

The steering bracket has a quasi handle of sorts.

The F15 is considered to be a portable model. No dedicated lifting rings on the block itself, as you would find with a non-portable model.

Oh, disconnect the battery and the fuel tank before lifting the motor. Don't try and lift this stuff all together.
      Yes , disconnect everything, done that before, get a meter away then all of a sudden the motor is renched out of my hands!

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
        Yes , disconnect everything, done that before, get a meter away then all of a sudden the motor is renched out of my hands!
        If I had a buck for every trim and tilt unit that I have removed, and forgot to disconnect the bonding wire, I would have lots of bucks.

Comment

Guess I'll do something like this with a good rope.

I just want to pull it up from the garage ceiling for the day, push the boat out from under the 4-stroke and on over to the 2-stroke on the other wall, hang it, hitch up and go.

With all of the hoisting of sail boat kickers, dingy launching, winter storage, and just plain ol easy swaps above 100 pounds...Seems silly they dont build in provisons for a lift ring on these unweildy 4-strokes.

Comment

Working...
          X