1999 c115txrx alarm loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 c115txrx alarm loss of power

I just purchased a boat with a yamaha 115 HP Since I have got it, When I run the engine, after awhile I get an alarm, the rpms drop and the power goes away. I thought it may be fuel. So I replaced my pick up tube and everything up to wher the fuel line ttched to outboard. I checked the fuel water separator. I put an inline file strainer where we could see fuel. It does not appear to be losing fuel pressure (the person watching the glass filter said fuel would fill up and drop to an 1/8 continuously, but did not see any change in the fuel supply) Does anyone have anything else I can look at.. Is a cylinder getting hot and it shuts a cylinder off?? Do I need to do something with fuel pump or carbs. (A friend thinks it is a fuel pressure alarm not ugh trump alarm)

any help would be appreciated

Sounds like (to me at least) you need a marine mechanic...... Hey, I've got drills and all kinds of pliers. Need Any free dental work ?

Comment

The alarm is telling you that the motor is over heating. Getting too hot. When it gets too hot the CDI assembly tries to protect the motor from folks that won't turn it off when the alarm sounds. It goes into RPM reduction mode. RPM drops and power is reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
        Sounds like (to me at least) you need a marine mechanic...... Hey, I've got drills and all kinds of pliers. Need Any free dental work ?
        And the guy with fuel spraying out replaces the thermoswitch.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          The alarm is telling you that the motor is over heating. Getting too hot. When it gets too hot the CDI assembly tries to protect the motor from folks that won't turn it off when the alarm sounds. It goes into RPM reduction mode. RPM drops and power is reduced.
          I ordered 2 new thermostats will try this, while I have thermostats out will try to see if I have an issue with coolant. Thank you

Comment

inspect the water pump, and test the stats while you have them out to inspect them and the passageways for build up

Comment

Since you just purchased the motor and most likely don’t know the preventive maintenance history, then it would be a great idea to replace the water pump impeller….then you’ll have a starting point regarding this vital item….

Comment

Thank you. Just got the thermostats. Going to check them this afternoon. I have a great stream of water coming out when engine is running. If thermostats do not work will go to pump next..

Comment

Still waiting on the gaskets. I was able to spray water down all of the orafices on both sides. Does not appear to be a blockage as water comes out the bottom as it should.. Will replace thermostats and try out tomorrow. I am hoping it is not water pump. I ave not had luck with water pumps.. I have a johnson 60 Hp that I can not use because of a water pump I t replaced it three times.. Appears key is to big or too small (I think someone replaced the shaft and used a different size).

Comment

OMG !! Grind the key to fit.....
                    has this world turned to....

Comment

Took boat out yesterday. Ran it for over 1/2 hour with no issues. Did notice when I looked at stream of water coming from weep hole it seemed to be stranger. Not sure if it was a clog or the thermostats. But no alarm or issues. Thank you everyone.. I can now enjoy and get my new boat ready for summer.

Comment

Working...
                      X