Yamaha multifunction Speedometer 6Y5-83570-A0-00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha multifunction Speedometer 6Y5-83570-A0-00

I have installed the multi-function tachometer and speedometer 6Y5 (round gauges) on my boat. I am now encountering a small annoyance that I was wondering if anyone else has found a workaround for.

The speedometer conveniently contains a clock. Inconveniently, since I use a battery switch to shut off my electrics when trailering / storing the boat, the clock needs to be set every time I use it. Since the wiring for the gauges gets power through the wiring harness from the engine & key-switch there is no obvious way of providing 12v-24hr to the gauges. The gauges have +12v (red) and +12v ignition (yellow) as expected. Why did Yamaha not include another +12v 24 hr wire to the gauges to keep the clock alive?

Any suggestions or does everyone just live with the fact that the clock requires setting each time the battery switch is reset?

My OCD doesn't like it!

Some will run a spare wire from the battery to an instrument that desires continuous battery power. Yamaha gauges, AM/FM radios and such.

The speedometer was around long before battery switches were regularly installed I believe. Many boats do not use a battery switch.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe99
      I ran a +12v-24hr fuse block to my electrical panel to handle situations where I needed to preserve memory, time etc. I'm disappointed the Yamaha gauges don't include a 24hr lead, but pretty minor problem I guess.

guess I'll have to live with it. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bateau_CX19 View Post
        Thanks Boscoe99
        I ran a +12v-24hr fuse block to my electrical panel to handle situations where I needed to preserve memory, time etc. I'm disappointed the Yamaha gauges don't include a 24hr lead, but pretty minor problem I guess.

guess I'll have to live with it. Sigh.
        they could have stuck a coin battery in it that needs to be changed out after some years like the old motherboards had.
        not sure if the new computers have those, cause I have not ripped one open yet

Comment

Working...
        X