low pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low pressure

i have a 85 yamaha 115 that even with all new impeller and related parts does not deliver good pressure to the pee tube. the motor has tstats removed, but still runs about 145 degrees. anyone else had this problem?

You need to put the stats back in first off. Make sure the pee hole is not clogged up too.

Did you install an entire WP kit or just the impellor. It does make a difference.

Double check all your o-rings, etc in the WP and that the SS cup is correctly installed..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

low pressure

i installed everything that had anything to do with the wp. ill try replacing the stats and see if it helps. i was worried that maybe i had corrosion in the waterjacket. anyway, thanks for the reply.

Comment

Remember that water from the tell tale has nothing to do with water that flows through the block.

You might want to trace the tell tale water delivery hose back to the point where it attaches to the block. Remove the hose at the block fitting. Verify that the fitting is free and clear and that there are no obstructions within the fitting or within the hose.

Critters are known to climb in the hose and make a home for themselves.

Comment

lp

ok. im in the process of finding new stats and ill check the waterjacket outlet.seems to remember something about not having thermostat in a car motor would allow water to travel thru the mtr. too fast to pickup the heat. probably would apply to outboards too. again, thanks for reply.

Comment

Working...
          X