Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gauges for a 1991 Boat

Hello,

My gauges are badly faded, and I would like to get new ones. The original gauges are no longer available. I have a 1991 with digital gauges, but I have a 1999 250hp motor. From what I have read, I can use newer gauges, but need adapter cables. Where can I get wiring diagrams for this also?

I want to replace the Tach multifunction and Speedo multifunction.

What are the part numbers for the parts I need?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

The age of the boat is irrelevant. It is the motor that matters.

A 1999 motor will plug and play with a later Yamaha -83 multi-function tachometer and speedometer. Here's how:

2015_Yamaha_MRP

If more than just the tachometer is needed then get the kit.
    http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2...ng-parts/#70/z

Comment

Thanks Boscoe, I still have the 1991 wire harness, the plugs on the new gauge doesn't meet up with the plugs of the harness.

Do you have a wiring diagram for 1991? I got a Speedo 6y5-83570-s6-00 also, but the wires are a little different.

Comment

Why do you want to use a 1991 harness with a 1999 motor and a 2015 gauge? I never heard of anyone wanting to do this.

There are harnesses for 1993 and earlier motors and there are harnesses for 1994 and later motors. Adapters to use a 1994 and later motor with a 1993 and earlier and vice versa harness. I don't know how one would go about using a 1994 and later motor with a 1994 and later tachometer while trying to use a 1993 and earlier harness.

It may very well cost more to buy adapters to use a 24 year old harness than it will to just buy the tachometer kit that includes brand new harnesses.

The speedometer you mention will plug and play with the fused harness that comes with the tachometer kit.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 05-25-2015, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X