Jammed bearing holder on lower end Yamaha F100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jammed bearing holder on lower end Yamaha F100

On my F100 I need to enter the lower end gearbox for some inspection and change some sealing. But how to come in there? After removing the big Nut and washer, the bearing holder is jammed after 12 years since last time!

I have made an special "long armed" puller, but due to materials used in the arms, is limited what force U can apply with this. I have also used a type of sliding hammer in addition. After two days of hard work I have maybe goy it out 1mm....

How to proceed? Any good tips or advices??
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tirill11; 05-16-2015, 02:31 AM.

Maybe try using some penetrating oil and some heat (or lots)
    I find the easiest way to remove them is to thread an adapter nut onto the prop shaft and then wind the slide hammer into the adapter nut (removes the prop shaft and carrier at once)
    Just be sure to remove the shift shaft before doing this.
    Last edited by greasyshaft; 05-16-2015, 02:47 AM.

Comment

As far as I know it should be possible to remove the bearing holder without taking the shift shaft out. If not I am in big trouble.....
      I have used some WD 40, but I think it is hard for it to ponetrate the seized surfaces. I have also heated gently just up to 50 deg C, but still with limited sucess.....:-(

Comment

Yes, but if you were to attach the slide hammer to the propeller shaft itself you would have to remove the shift shaft.
        You will need to get it much hotter than 50 degrees and then slide hammer the F*** out of it
        Last edited by greasyshaft; 05-16-2015, 03:22 AM.

Comment

OK, Now I managed to get the bearing house out from the casing. It suddenly come loose with my new puller. Anyhow the trouble is not finished. Now I planned to take put the shaft itself, which I remember was an quite straight forward procedure last time. Now it is not coming loose at all. Completely stuck!! I have removed the gear lever so that should be ok..

Can it be the thrust washer that is jammed?
          I a not sure of how big force I want to apply there as I don't know what is taking up the force.

As seen on the pic the outer bearing is still on the shaft down there.

Any ideas.....?
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X