2014 F250 Excessive Bubbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 F250 Excessive Bubbling

I have a 2014 F250 that has been bubbling excessively even after the warm up stage while in neutral. My mechanic is saying that this is not a problem yet it has not always done this. I think there may be a problem with the temperature sensor. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any input on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to explain what this bubbling is that you refer to

Comment

I suspect that he is talking about exhaust gas bubbles.

Some engines bubble and some don't. Even of the same model and even if just one serial number apart.

I agree with your mechanic and don't think that you have a problem or issue. How would a temperature sensor effect bubbles being more or less anyway?

Guys with twin or triple engines can go crazy over differences between one motor and the other. One may trim up or down faster than the other. One may create more bubbles than the other. One may sound different from the other. One may require a bit more throttle than the other to obtain the same RPM.

It is just the way that motors are.

Comment

2014 F250 Excessive Bubbling

I was referring to exhaust bubble from the lower unit. Other motors do this in the warm up stage then stop after a minutes.When it was first purchased it didn't do this. This is not normal bubbling, my concern is that there may damage to the motors. The reason I mentioned the temperature sensor is that if it were not working right it may not indicate that the motor had reached normal running temperature.
        boscoe99, I made the post to try to get an answer to a problem, not to be talked down to. I don't care if one trims faster or throttle position is different. You may as well just say, "because I said so that's why." Thanks for the great advice!

Comment

Took you awhile to get back to us, but maybe I can help some, maybe not.

outboard motors have idle relif ports for exhaust gasses to escape from to help with the back pressure on the exhaust while fully submerged at idle.
          If the idle is a little higher that normal( more exhaust) or if the relief ports are some how being restricted (Salt build up, wasp nest, etc.)then more exhaust will have to come out of the prop hub
          Just a thought

Watch getting on someones reply, we only try to help

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Found the issue

I wanted to update this thread in case anyone else has the same problem. It was found that the auxiliary exhaust port (located in the middle of the lower just below the engine cover) was clogged with salt and sand. To prevent this it was suggested that we flush the motors in the down position and finish flushing in the up position. Also to spray water directly into the port after running in sandy water. I've attached a photo.
              Attached Files

Comment

looks like I was right for once maybe.
                Thanks for the pic.
                Did it take this long to finally find this problem or just to post what was found?

I have always been afraid of shooting water up there in case a valve was open or a piston was in wrong place on a 2 stroke and lets water gets into a cylinder

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  looks like I was right for once maybe.
                  Thanks for the pic.
                  Did it take this long to finally find this problem or just to post what was found?

I have always been afraid of shooting water up there in case a valve was open or a piston was in wrong place on a 2 stroke and lets water gets into a cylinder
                  Maybe the OP took the advice that it is not a serious issue.
                  Your point about shooting in water is a pertinent point that many boat owners at some time ponder about. Many come across poor water flow and overheating.
                  It would be benificial to know to what extent we can flush these engines. It would also be very beneficial to know how to reverse flush these engines. I would curse at manufacturers that don't comprehensively provide this information ; or indeed don't provide the physical ability to do this properly.
                  I know someone will post that all models are different but surely they have basic systems in common for comprehensive info on flushing.
                  E .g. How much pressure into ports.
                  Reverse flush by opening thermostat cover and removing thermostat
                  Etc . Etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X