93 25hp 2 stroke C25MSHR stuck in forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 25hp 2 stroke C25MSHR stuck in forward

Have lower unit off...I did it by pulling the rod up while rebuilding water pump & can't get it to go down. HELP

I believe the lower unit will need to come apart to get that rod back where it should be.
    lower is spring loaded to forward gear, have to push it to get to neutral and reverse.

Comment

I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply, Basil

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED.....Drain oil from gearbox so as there is no resistance. Mount the lower unit safely with prop shaft pointing downward (toward earth), using rubber hammer, tap near propeller until you it click, shift rod into reverse. This allows the slide shaft to go towards the propeller allowing the shift control to fall back to the end of the slide shaft.

Comment

good to hear, but I thought the spring tension would not allow it to move out of forward unless the spring was compressed by force.
          let us know if it shifts as it should

Comment

Great tip..never heard of that before.

Comment

Reference to the spring tension, by removing the hypoid grease and keeping it in a warm location you can get the shaft to drop down just enough to allow the odd shaped end on the shift rod to drop in behind the shaft. Everything is working just fine now. The worst part is that I knew enough not to pull the rob up in the first place, and wasn't even drinking yet. Thanks to all, Basil

Comment

Working...
              X