Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Yamaha T50TLRX leaking water from front of case

Hello,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue where water is leaking from the front of the motor where the lower and upper meet. There is a small gap between the cases which appears to be by design but it's not obvious why water would ever be in this cavity. The area I'm attempting to describe is directly in front of the water pump. The pump has been serviced and everything is good there. The amount of water that comes out is at least the same as is coming out of the pee tube if not more.

I'll attempt to post some pics and a video if possible.

Thanks,
    Robert

Originally posted by rmarkin123 View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue where water is leaking from the front of the motor where the lower and upper meet. There is a small gap between the cases which appears to be by design but it's not obvious why water would ever be in this cavity. The area I'm attempting to describe is directly in front of the water pump. The pump has been serviced and everything is good there. The amount of water that comes out is at least the same as is coming out of the pee tube if not more.

I'll attempt to post some pics and a video if possible.

Thanks,
    Robert
    if you did not have that much water flowing out of that place before the service, maybe the rubber dampener where the water tube sits into the water pump is missing or damaged.
    or maybe after market parts were used

Comment

Working...
    X