Yamaha tilt and trim adaptation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha tilt and trim adaptation

I have a 2005 F25ESHD that I would like to adapt a tilt and trim to. I can get a tilt and trim from a 2006 F40 that will bolt up to a F25TLRD. Would the bolt up be straight forward or is there a reason it wouldn't work? My control has the tilt and trim already on it so the electrical should be simple. Any advise here would be greatly appreciated

yes, F25, F30 and F40 share the same power trim so shouldnŽt be that hard convert it to PTT.

YouŽll need other harness, relays etc

If you buy all that make sure it will worth it (all depends on the use,price of parts, if you'll get them used or new etc etc)

Good luck with your project

Comment

Originally posted by waterboydf View Post
      I have a 2005 F25ESHD that I would like to adapt a tilt and trim to. I can get a tilt and trim from a 2006 F40 that will bolt up to a F25TLRD. Would the bolt up be straight forward or is there a reason it wouldn't work? My control has the tilt and trim already on it so the electrical should be simple. Any advise here would be greatly appreciated

How is it known that an F40 trim and tilt unit will bolt onto an F25TLRD? The F40 trim and tilt unit is a different part number from the F25 trim and tilt unit. I will take your word for it.

The Yamaha parts catalog shows a different engine harness for the F25ESHD (no power tilt) than is used on the F25TLRD (power tilt equipped).

The parts book shows the TLRD model as having a trim and tilt relay and it shows the ESHD model as not having the relay. Makes sense.

The parts catalog shows the TLRD model as having a different clamp bracket (for the trim/tilt unit) whereas the ESHD model uses a different clamp bracket. Makes sense.

Your best bet may to buy and install an aftermarket trim and tilt unit that fits between the transom and the motor.

Comment

in fact I havenŽt checked the part # of F25 PTT vs F30/F40 PTT and yes, are diferent part #.
        However my idea is that will do but check B4 as is an expensive part to spend money on a wrong part.

Comment

I suspect the trim and tilt units will interchange even though they have different part numbers. Lots of the piece parts that comprise the assembly share the same part number.

The problem as I see it is that an F25ESHD as it comes from the factory without the trim and tilt unit, does not have the structural provisions to mount that unit. Nor does it have the electrical stuff needed to operate the unit.

At Yamaha's prices, even here in the US, it is more than likely cheaper to sell the unit without the trim and tilt unit and buy one that has it. Or, to buy an aftermarket unit that will do what the operator is seeking.

Last edited by boscoe99; 12-17-2014, 03:46 PM.

Comment

you're right!

Checked F30 and F40 and donŽt have that diference on brackets.

An aftermarket unit may be a good option or get a used set of bracket with PTT but still have to spend lot of money on harness, relay, switches etc etc

Comment

I've got the CMC PT-35 on my 1986 Mercury 35, works great. I don't know if a smaller lighter one is made.

Comment

Yamaha tilt and trim

Thanks for all of the information from everyone. The information you have supplied is very helpful and I will check them all out before deciding. You guys are great P.S. I installed a remote with the trim and tilt switch and all of the wiring earlier so most of the wiring is already there. Just have to check the brackets and get a relay if I decide to go that way.
                Last edited by waterboydf; 12-18-2014, 01:55 PM. Reason: updating information

Comment

Working...
                X