Connecting single gauge Command Harness to F30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting single gauge Command Harness to F30

I just got a 2015 F30 and I'm installing a Tach. I bought the new Command Link Kit 6Y8-OE83R-81-00. I have a tiller, but this kit was cheaper than buying parts separate.

Problem is on the Dual Fuse pigtail- 6y5-83553-N0-00. Page 19 of Rigging Catalog shows the 4 wires- Red, Blk, Yellow, Grn, attach to the same colors at key switch- No problem I found these in the handle.

The diagram shows the pigtail that 2 wires - Yellow and Blue attach to the warning light. On the tiller, these are 2 LED's on side of the handle but the wires only have a yellow and pink going to the LEDs.
    There are no open end yellow and blue wires in the tiller coming off the warning LEDs. There is a yellow/red connecting to the yellow from the LED and also a Blue in the handle wiring but neither wire is able to piggy back.

Should I ingore the yellow and blue shown in the rigging diagram?

Also what is connected to the other end of the pigtail- Yes the Yellow and Blk attaches to 6Y8-82553-60-00. But what about the Red and Green?

Hope I made this understandable. Thanks.

John

Got it figured out. The Rigging Catalog Page 19 diagram is not really correct for a single gauge application. It is drawn for a multifunction gauge hook-up. So that's why the confusion.

The only wires to connect at the switch is the Yellow and Black, the Red Green are for a multifunction gauge but they also never show a connection to the gauge for the other end of pigtail just the yellow black. They should not show connecting the Red Green at the switch for this kit thus the confusion.

Comment

Working...
    X