2004 90 hp in constant alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 90 hp in constant alarm

I have a y 90 and it alarms as soon as I turn on the key. The temp switch is open and the oil level sensor shows a few hundred ohms one way and temp continuity then infinity the other way(seems to be working right). I can't get it out of safety mode. Any suggestions?

kill switch will cause alarm if pulled and some motors had low voltage alarm and some water in fuel

Comment

as you wont post a model number I am going to assume its a two stroke with a 703 control.
      my bet is someone has had their skinners under the hood lately and has plugged in the gray wire at the bullet connector about 2" from the 4 pin trim/oil harness.

happens all the time.
      unplug that gray bullet connector and see if the alarm goes away.
      yea, I know.
      they are there in close proximity so why not plug them in.

Comment

Sorry, its a 90tlrc. Tried to unplug the gray wires (two sets) and alarm still goes. Gray wire into the harness appears to be grounded which will do the same thing as the hi temp switch activated. Looked at the harness gray wire and appears to go to the trim tiLt, will that set off an alarm?

Comment

someplace,close to the 10 pin main connector there is a small square 4 pin connector.
          this is for the trim harness.
          one of those wires is gray with a bullet connector.
          the harness running to the motor is a 4 pin with a gray wire as well.
          if you connect the gray wires at that square 4 pin connector you get a constant alarm at key on.
          unplug that bullet connector that's located about 2" from the white square 4 pin harness.

anything that grounds that gray wire OR the pink wire in the 10 pin main harness will allow current to flow and the horn to sound.

Comment

Working...
          X