2005 f150 won’t plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 f150 won’t plane

I have a 2005 f150 on a Ranger. The motor starts grew at, idles smooth and revs in neutral great with no misses. When under power I can only get 3500-3700 rpm until on plane. I have tried different props. Latest is a 19 pitch and takes forever to get out of water.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Is the boat new to you?

Has it ever gone to WOT (5,000-6,000 RPM's)?

That engine should get you on plane in easily 3-4 seconds...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Not new to me. New issue this year. Definitely an engine issue. Don’t know where to start

Comment

If it's done fine in the past, don't start messing with props. A different pitch is not a solution.

You said "until on plane", but the thread title says you can't get on plane. Which one? Once on plane, can you make full RPM?

Is the hull spotlessly clean?

How old is the gas? What did you treat the gas with? Water in the gas? Fuel restriction at vent (try running with fuel cap off)?
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

I have had the same issues,one time it’s was the ethanol collapsed the fuel lines from within,and just recently the same symptoms occurred but this time it was the injectors.both easy fixes.but same symptoms,revs fine at the dock but not under power.but first check the fuel line right before the primer bulb for blockage.

Comment

Working...
          X