Excessive gas in cyclinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive gas in cyclinders

I have a 2006 F90 that doesn't runs rough.

I had a problem about a month ago where the engine would stall when going to idle. After I trailored the boat and brought to the house I couldn't repeat the problem. It ran smoothly in the driveway.
    I put the beast back in the water, ran great for about 30 min at WOT. Going out was fine but coming back I had the idle problem.

Here's what I know:

1. if I can get the boat into gear and run WOT is not problem it's the lower rpm's were I have the issue.

2. I currently have the boat on the trailer and had the wife start the F90, in the driveway. I was in the back and noticed that It smelled of heavy exhaust, you can see it in the air.

3. I also noticed that the exhaust that comes out of the prop had heavy black residue.

4. All 4 plugs have a heavy black carbon, similar to a "too much gas" problem.

I'm looking for ideas on what to check to resolve this issue.

fuel pressures would be the 1st thing I would look at.

but hooking up to a computer just like automotive may lead you in the proper direction.

I would think that the motor in question is capable to give a read out, but not sure on that old

Comment

check the fuel pump diaphragm also.I had an F90 with the oil so contaminated it would actually idle with the HP pump disconnected.

Comment

Working...
      X