Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 703 Remote Trim Tilt Switch question(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 703 Remote Trim Tilt Switch question(s)

Newby here, got a couple of questions regarding a Tilt-Trim Switch problem, as follows

Situation: Returning to ramp from fishing trip, tried to tilt motor "UP" with Tilt button at the 703 Remote-Shift lever, FAIL... had to tilt motor up with switch on motor cowl. The DOWN button (on the remote lever) worked, but NO UP on 703 Remote lever.

Question 1: Could the switch on the remote lever be bad? OR just a wire breakage somewhere.

Question 2: How do I get the throttle lever off of the remote to change the switch if it is indeed bad

Question 3: Where do I purchase the switch? Anyone have a OEM or replacement part number / order number. and where to order from

Lastly, does anyone have a parts and wiring schematic or digital manual they would share with me. I am mechanically inclined, just never worked on an outboard motor or related items.

email: iraqvet13f@yahoo.com

Thanks for the help!!!!!

Sounds like the switch in the lever is gooed up and NOT making good contact. Someone just posted a similar issue and pulled the switch apart and cleaned it.

I believe the lever itself has some phillips head screws in the lever that'll allow you access to that switch.

I would disconnect the battery before attempting it.

Atop the main page here is a "Purchase Yamaha parts" section. You should be able to bring up the parts fisch and find it there as well as how most of it assembles should you replace it...

Depending on your engine model #, this is likely your switch:

703-82563-01-00 YAMAHA .TRIM & TILT SWITCH ASSY

And the assembly broke down with pic:

http://yamahamotorparts.net/yamaha-7...-p-115823.html

A "You Tube" to give you an idea:
    repair and change boat power tilt switch ptt switch trim - YouTube
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-27-2014, 06:56 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
    X