How do I install a trim gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I install a trim gauge?

It is my understanding that a sender unit comes on my 2001Yamaha 150 Salt- true or false? If so exact where is it and how do I with it to the gauge I bought? If i am without one I constantly forget and try to take off with it up. I also need a mark to go to so I don't have to play with it to get it correct every time. The Old Man

What is the complete model identity of the motor that you have? The salt part is worthless. Need something like 150TLRZ or 150TXRZ. Maybe there is a letter in the front of the model as well.

What gauges do you have in the boat now?

What type of control box have yee? Side mount 703 or top mount 704?

Comment

Part #3 on this particular model.

2001 SX150TXRZ Yamaha Outboard BRACKET 2 Diagram and Parts

In general, the switch is usally attached to the transom bracket, near the horzontal engine tilt shaft, bolted to the transom bracket.. It'll have an "arm" that moves when you trim the engine up and down..

BTW, None of your other posts shows the model # either of the engine. For a more accurate answer, please either post the model # in the post or put it in your signature, etc..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks and I will be sure to add the model # from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by nottelybill View Post
          Thanks and I will be sure to add the model # from now on.
          Thanks..

BTW, Is the model # to the link above yours or ??

(I just guessed out of, I think 5 model #s for that year and HP)
          Scott

Comment

I suggest getting the service manual as well. Search here or on Yamaha for the online order site. It will include a complete wiring guide.

We have the bracket sensor on our TLR 90 described above. I found an unused lead in our harness and spliced into the wires within the cowl. I then adjused the sensor position by trial and error until is read "correctly".

If this isn't enough, I suggest you leave it to the service techs. The wrong splice could become expensive.

Comment

Every major machine I own, I have a shop manual for it, wether it be my F150 or motorcycle.

Its an investment and will save the owner op much more $ than its cost.

I actually bought a shop manual for my brother (for his PU truck) as he's 2.5 hours away for his B'day.

Trying to fix a machine W/O hands on experiance for a specific model (with no shop manual) and only a parts fisch (if the op posts the model #) can be difficult .
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X