yamaha Z250TURB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha Z250TURB

I have temp light flashing on dash runs good not over heating Anyone have idea what is causing this
    Last edited by gajulius; 05-12-2018, 02:03 PM.

If I am wrong I will get bichht slapped shortly I am sure. It has two thermoswitches and a thermosensor. One of the switches and the sensor has to register overheat to get the warning horn to sound. With the visual indicator on tach blinking with no horn, one of the switches is registering overheat. There is a switch at the top of each head. You might want to test the warning horn to make sure it works first... Then check to see which head is triggering the indicator to flash. I wouldn't keep running the engine until this is sorted

Comment

Also, when does the indicator start to flash? At dock or after running for a period of time?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
        If I am wrong I will get bichht slapped shortly I am sure. It has two thermoswitches and a thermosensor. One of the switches and the sensor has to register overheat to get the warning horn to sound. With the visual indicator on tach blinking with no horn, one of the switches is registering overheat. There is a switch at the top of each head. You might want to test the warning horn to make sure it works first... Then check to see which head is triggering the indicator to flash. I wouldn't keep running the engine until this is sorted
        No bitch slapping from me. But you may be forgetting the rule of Yamaha. Any two models can be designed completely differently. The way that one operates won't mean that another operates the same way.

While some may need both a sensor and a switch to register an over temperature alarm, not all do. Some may need just a switch or a sensor to tell the ECU/CDI to sound the alarm. Some may use just the switch alone to sound the alarm. Some thermoswitches ground both the CDI/ECU and the buzzer at the same time causing the alarm to sound. That is, the CDI/ECU does one thing (RPM reduction mode) while the switch makes the buzzer sound.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

No bitch slapping from me. But you may be forgetting the rule of Yamaha. Any two models can be designed completely differently. The way that one operates won't mean that another operates the same way.

While some may need both a sensor and a switch to register an over temperature alarm, not all do. Some may need just a switch or a sensor to tell the ECU/CDI to sound the alarm. Some may use just the switch alone to sound the alarm. Some thermoswitches ground both the CDI/ECU and the buzzer at the same time causing the alarm to sound. That is, the CDI/ECU does one thing (RPM reduction mode) while the switch makes the buzzer sound.
          I was thinking of this, keeping my fingers crossed. I have been having a hell of a time getting service manuals to download from Van’s lately. Would be nice to have a peek...

would hate for the op to cook something by continuing to run it.....

Comment

Working...
          X