Recommended Battery for F150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Battery for F150?

Yamaha specifies 182 minute Reserve Capacity. The first places I've looked for a battery (Sears, BoatUS, Optima) have deep cycle marine batteries with RC a lot lower.

For example, the Optima Group 31 is 155 minutes. (and how come Optima has only 36 month warranty - I thought Optima's are supposed to last longer than conventional batteries).

So, how important is Yamaha's specs?

I only have bilge pump, depth finder, and radio.

I like the Trojan AGMs, they're available at Boaters World or online. They rate tops in comparison tests with any other battery and provide outstanding performance and long life.

Mike

Comment

lunasea,
      Yamaha specs are for cranking purposes. You want a starting (cranking) battery for the outboard - not a deep cycle.
      Since you are powering a few accessories also, then I would recommend a "dual-purpose" battery if you are going to have one battery only. The dual-purpose gives you a better cranking reserve than a pure deep-cycle, but also will deliver low power over a long period of time like a deep-cycle, and yet can handle a fast charge rate from the outboard's charging system like a "starting" battery.
      A size 27 or 31 dual purpose battery would do the job for you.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Working...
      X