No announcement yet.

Multifunction gauge- HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

means if the engine is NEVER accelerated above 1000 RPM during THAT key cycle, the alarm control is NOT activated.

first one I ran into was during rigging the redisgned F50 about 2001 or so.
    that's when during the PDI we found that if the throttle was not blipped above 2000 RPM the oil alarm simply would never ever work no matter how long you let it idle with the switch shorted.

the 2013 F25 electric start will exhibit similar characteristics on its alarm.

even a call to Kennesaw GA did not help.
    I did eventually figure out how to trigger both temp and oil alarms.

what it means in reality is certain engines and alarm circuits get funky and have the possibility to not protect at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      what does the "temp oil control is activated after 3 minutes 45 seconds when RPM exceeds 1000 rpm" mean?

Is it temperature and oil alarm system becomes active?
      Or temporary oil alarm(control) ,maybe?

Just curious
      The wording is also poor. Seems that it should read something like

"Oil pressure warning becomes active when the engine temperature is

- above 113 degrees F
      - the RPM is greater than 1000 RPM and
      - 3 minutes and 45 seconds time have elapsed."

It would seem to indicate there is no oil pressure warning at low engine RPM/temperature so as to preclude false warnings. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        The wording is also poor. Seems that it should read something like

"Oil pressure warning becomes active when the engine temperature is

- above 113 degrees F
        - the RPM is greater than 1000 RPM and
        - 3 minutes and 45 seconds time have elapsed."

It would seem to indicate there is no oil pressure warning at low engine RPM/temperature so as to preclude false warnings. I think.

seems like you could have low oil pressure and hurt a motor long before the alarm would sound.

But my original question was refering to the word temp in "temp oil control"

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          means if the engine is NEVER accelerated above 1000 RPM during THAT key cycle, the alarm control is NOT activated.

first one I ran into was during rigging the redisgned F50 about 2001 or so.
          that's when during the PDI we found that if the throttle was not blipped above 2000 RPM the oil alarm simply would never ever work no matter how long you let it idle with the switch shorted.

the 2013 F25 electric start will exhibit similar characteristics on its alarm.

even a call to Kennesaw GA did not help.
          I did eventually figure out how to trigger both temp and oil alarms.

what it means in reality is certain engines and alarm circuits get funky and have the possibility to not protect at all.

So it sounds like the temp in the "temp oil control is activated after 3 minutes 45 seconds when RPM exceeds 1000 rpm" wording does mean that both temperature and oil alarm systems is what it meant being activated not just the oil alarm
          Last edited by 99yam40; 01-18-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

So it sounds like the temp in the "temp oil control is activated after 3 minutes 45 seconds when RPM exceeds 1000 rpm" wording does mean that both temperature and oil alarms is what it meant being activated not just the oil alarm
            I don't think so but...

Again, it is so poorly worded that it is hard to decipher.

These are two separate charts, one for over temp and one for oil pressure warnings.

Crappy Japanese maybe translated to crappy English? Certainly not written by an English major. Not proof read at all obviously.

Note 2 makes reference to oil pressure control. Pressure control is a function of a pressure relief valve. What is being discussed is the pressure warning system not the pressure control system.

Now keep in mind this was written back in 2006/2007. Who knows if it is relevant to a later model F60.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              I don't think so but...

Again, it is so poorly worded that it is hard to decipher.

These are two separate charts, one for over temp and one for oil pressure warnings.

Crappy Japanese maybe translated to crappy English? Certainly not written by an English major. Not proof read at all obviously.

Note 2 makes reference to oil pressure control. Pressure control is a function of a pressure relief valve. What is being discussed is the pressure warning system not the pressure control system.

Now keep in mind this was written back in 2006/2007. Who knows if it is relevant to a later model F60.

So the "temp" is more than likely just a misprint

I did not even notice the control part of wording, but you are right about that not being the alarm

Comment

like I said, certain models over the years MUST have the throttle advanced above a preset level to ACTIVATE the alarm control.
                only has to happen ONCE during a key cycle but if it does NOT happen then the alarm never works.

on some models engine TEMP plays a part in when and how the oil alarm control gets activated as well as RPM.

yea I know.
                about as dumb as no water in the fuel alarm if the engine is in gear.

I don't design this stuff, I simply try to fix it as best that can be done.

Comment

But my original question was referring to the word temp in "temp oil control"

Thanks Rodbolt,
                  I was just trying to understand the wording temp where they used it

Comment

Working...
                  X