Lower unit for an Enduro 15hp two stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower unit for an Enduro 15hp two stroke

So here I am in Palau and I need a new lower unit for my two stroke 15hp Enduro outboard model #6B4K E15DMH 2011 long shaft. Because it does not meet US EPA standards the shop here says it can not order the parts and dealers in the US are telling me the same. I bought this engine in Micronesia. Where can I get parts? Help I live on a sailboat and this is my car. I am getting tired of rowing.

Can your local shop/dealer come up with the part number of the lower unit?

If not, call the place that you bought it from and have them give you the part number.

Then, come back here and look up the lower unit by part number. It may be possible that a Yamaha motor being sold here in the states has the same part number.

Comment

Hope this helps

Good luck
      Last edited by almetelo; 04-12-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

The part you need apparently is not stocked by Yamaha US. Makes sense since the model you have is not sold here and the lower unit is not used on a Yamaha US model.

Looks like your best bet would be to contact Neco Marine in Palau. It appears that they are a Yamaha dealer/distributor there.

Neco Marine - About Us

Neco Marine
        P.O. Box 129
        Koror
        Republic of Palau
        PW 96940
        Phone / Fax
        Ph: + (680) 488- 1755 or + (680) 488- 2009
        Fx : + (680) 488- 5245
        Email
        General info - info@necomarine.com

Comment

I have been to Neco marine here in Palau and they told me they could not get the part because they only deal with US stock and that I should try the Philippines. I put out a few emails to yamaha dealers in Cebu and Manila but have not heard a word back. I bought the motor in Pohnpei out of a supermarket not a dealer so calling them for a part number would be funny to say the least. I can't believe there is nothing on line for this model. Any other ideas would most appreciated!! Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi!

Just found it online on a netherlands store for 1343€ (+/-$1800) plus postage etc etc
            Lower Unit Assy Yamaha - 6B445300104D 6B4-45300-10-4D

In my opinion doen't worst it! With that money you can buy other motor and even better than that (more HP, a 4 stroke or newer than yours)

Do you need the complete lower unit assy?

I guess those enduro models are common in Asia.

Try Yamaha dealers in Indonesia or Australia, you may have better luck!

Comment

Here is a link to Yamaha dealers/distributors throughout the world. Maybe you can find someone that has or can get you the needed part.

Global Links - Company information | YAMAHA MOTOR CO., LTD.

Comment

Thanks guys I am sailing to the Philippines next month maybe I can find it there. If not maybe Borneo. Cheers.....savannahsails.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X