Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The simplest NMEA2000 to connect GArmin 720S and Yamaha F150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The simplest NMEA2000 to connect GArmin 720S and Yamaha F150?

Hi,

This is a confusing topic and despite having searched and read a lot, it is not yet clear to me how to do the following:

I have a new Garmin 720S that is capable of receiving and displaying motor data as supplied from my Yamaha F150 eng# 63P-1063773, year 2007 model F150AETL. I do NOT have an existing NMEA2000 network, nor do I need it. All I want is to get all available data from my engine using its NMEA2000 system and present it on my Garmin 720S.
    I have read that I need Yamaha engine interface cable p/n 000-0120-37. It is my understanding that I also need som T's and end resistor caps.
    Can someone help me how to do this the simplest and cheapest way and exactly what I need to purchase in order to do this?
    In advance thanks a lot,

Poul, Denmark

Like so many other subjects, it is confusing but only because you don't yet understand it. With understanding comes simplicity.

You say that you don't need an NMEA 2000 network. While the use of one can be overcome, given some time and money, it is more cost and time effective to install a network. I will show how the network is used. You can then figure out how to overcome the use of a network if you so choose.

For one, you have got to have either a Yamaha Command Link network installed or an NMEA 2000 network installed. OR, and this is a big OR, you could modify the Lowrance harness. Don't suggest you consider doing this but hey, I like experimenters.

The NMEA 2000 harness going to the chart plotter has to have electrical power. This is in addition to the chart plotter having its own separate source of electrical power. Don't ask me why because I don't understand it. Just the way that it was designed.

Below is an illustration that depicts one way of getting data from the motor to the chart plotter.

Yamaha Engine Interface Cable

N2K-EXP-RD-2

Comment

Hi (again) Boscoe,

Thanks for you help on this.

best regards,

Poul

Comment

Working...
      X