1993 YAMAHA 130HP Tilt n Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 YAMAHA 130HP Tilt n Trim

So I have a 93 Yamaha 130HP one day in the summer the tilt n trim just went out on me, it went out in the down position, and for a few weeks nothing would happen, no up, no down however I would here a faint clicking sound. Having to deal with my sons illness I was unable to fix the problem none the less use my boat. I would go by every now and then during the course of the summer just to make sure the bilge was functioning and the battery was charged, and every now and then I would try the tilt on the engine and on some occasions the engine raised ( about 4-5 inches)however it was very slow and the trim motor sounded weak, once it stopped it wouldn't work again, also when the engine would raise the 4-5 inches eventually it appeared that the engine would lower back down a couple of inches within a couple of weeks.
    I have just hauled my boat for the winter and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how should I go about trouble shooting this before I just buy a used tilt n trim unit and also how I can lift the engine in the event I need to replace the unit.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by fishing_nv; 11-20-2013, 07:20 PM. Reason: incorrect year of engine posted and left out a detail
Working...
X