First time buying a bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time buying a bike

So basically, I'm brand new to riding (actually, still have not ridden. ever.) I've got a deal with a guy and I'm getting a 1981 Yamaha xj750 Seca with 21.5K miles. Looks to be in decent condition (haven't seen it with my eyes, mind you). The guy says it "has trouble starting up" and needs either a new starter, relay or regulator. I'm going to go ahead and assume all three plus carb rebuild, oil change, battery and maybe tires. I also am not sure about registration and inspection (I assume I will need those too) He has the title and I talked him into trading the bike for a $320 item. I've checked out blue book and it retails for $1100 in excellent condition. What I don't know is the approximate cost of labor for replacing those parts. I'm hoping the labor, parts and maintenance work can be done for under $500. Is that feasible? I've been watching videos on what to look for when buying a used bike, but I don't see anything on buying one that doesn't run. Probably because it's not recommended. Advice on that? Thanks!

hi there if you think the labor gonna be cheap think again why this guy selling it so cheap the labor rates start at 90.00USD per hour so add up and do your sum it aint cheap

Comment

actually a good idea would be to go to a bike forum not a outboard forum to get your answers.. Just saying..

Comment

Working...
      X