Vacuum Line Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Line Connections

I had to remove powerhead to have broken head bolts removed by machine shop. After re-assembly, I'm pretty sure I got everything but two vacuum lines that I can't find a fitting. They are approximately same length, but slightly different sizes, but I thought they might connect to each other, which is way presented in attached photos.

Can someone help w/ 1) what is device that vacuum lines originate from and 2) where do they connect? None of my manuals covers this component.

thanks
    Attached Files

since you did not say what hp or year you motor is , im gonna shoot from the hip,, Pic. 1 looks like a water cooled voltage regulator,, Pic 2 looks like a speedo tube you hooked together,, and I see recirc lines in the back ground.. in any case a little more info would be great..

Comment

thanks for reply.

Motor is a 1998 PX 150 TLRX.

It is possible I forgot to hook up the speedometer pressure tube. I will check.

Why would these lines originate from back end of motor? Is there a signal generated to drive the speed indicator in the dash panel?

Thanks

Comment

I have discovered through a download manual I found that the origin is the rectifier/regulator. The two hoses should connect to coolant passages, however I still can't find them. I thought perhaps the pump indicator stream might be routed through this regulator, but I have a hose already connected to that block outlet and on the enclosure penetation.

thanks

Comment

Working...
        X