OX66 motors need to be lowered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66 motors need to be lowered

Just picked up a boat that had been submerged with dual OX66 250hp engines. Will be tearing them down and doing an overhaul but my immediate problem is that they are trimmed all the way up and I would like to get them down. Is there a relief valve or some procedure I could use to lower the motors? The wiring is pretty hacked up and have been unable to lower them under power.

Thanks,
    Greg

On one clamp bracket or the other there will be a hole cast into the bracket. You insert a screwdriver through that hole to the power trim and tilt release valve. Turn it fully counter clockwise. The motor should lower from its own weight.

Look at most any owner's manual at Yams website and it will give you the specific procedures, including illustrations.

Comment

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. I will check tomorrow to see if I can get them lowered.

Regards,
      Greg

Comment

port side, look for the hole
        or just apply 12 v + a ground to the blu and green leads , unhook from relay to expose trim/tilt leads

Comment

Turned out to be on the starboard side but it was there. Thanks for your guidance.

GP

Comment

Working...
          X