Alarm sounding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm sounding

I have a 1994 55HP model C115TLRS. A couple of weeks ago I was on the river bank swimming with my dog after running the motor good for a while. When I got back in the boat and went to fire it up an alarm sounded. I wasn't sure what it was and kept going... the alarm went off. Did some research and found that it was possibly an overheat alarm. The motor ran fine, constantly spit a good stream of water out and never felt overly hot. Since that day it's happened every time I've taken it out. I'll run it for a while, stop to fish and when I go to fire it up.. bam! ..alarm sounds. Still runs great and spits plenty of water. I've looked around for any burnt or exposed wires that could be grounding out and can't find any. If anyone has any suggestions... please let me know. Thank you.

on a c115 the only alarm is a over heat,,, what you are describing is a heat soak,, it is common for an engine to increase in tempature 30+ degrees after you run it hard. when you shut it off and the water drains out of the block for about an hour or hour and a half,, a way to stop this is to idle the engine for about 5 minutes when you get to a spot to fish before you shut it off,, hope this helps..

Comment

Thank you! I'll give it shot.

Comment

Took it to the water yesterday and tested your suggestion... and it worked. NO alarm and I ran it pretty good too. Thank you!

Comment

you are quite welcome,, tight lines

Comment

Working...
          X