Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 30 but is it 1995 or some mutation

Hi All.
    I recently bought second hand what I thought was a 1995 30hp 2 cylinder yamaha outboard. All is going well but I noticed oil leaking out of the propellor shaft (and consequently water in the oil) and thought I would replace the seals. I took off the lower unit and took it into our local Yamaha dealer to ensure I got the correct seals and gaskets. They couldn't believe it came off a 1995 as it has a split gear casing (similar to my old 78 evinrude) and these haven't been produced for many a year. They then had a look at the motor serial number (30GM 6IT S 002556 Y) and could find no reference to it on their yamaha web site. Needless to say they reckon you cant get parts for these gearboxes. Some one else told me they thought it was an ex surf motor and that they often used these older style gearboxes. So what I am after is does anyone have an idea as to what age my motor/gearbox is? And is it indeed now impossible to get parts such as seals and gaskets

Hi!

Easy to find! Fortunately for you...

That motor is 30GM 61T with that serial number have been manufactured in 1995 (this S/N range also have been manufactured for the US/CAN market with name C30MSHT

If gear box/lower unit is original from the motor will be easy find spare parts for it.

Have a look on attachment

Good Luck
    Last edited by almetelo; 07-15-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks almetelo Hmmm, Maybe the gearbox isn't original then as the attachment shows a one piece gearbox whereas the one I have splits in two. Does anyone know anything about these gearboxes?

Comment

Working...
      X