Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 200 OX66 Water Pump pull with boat in water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 200 OX66 Water Pump pull with boat in water?

Hi,

New here and need some help. Put the boat in water today. Boat was winterized with new water pump and thermostat by authorized service center in 11/11. Was not used last season. Ran boat with flush adapter to burn off fogging oil. Everything appeared normal. Changed plugs, put in water. The water pump slowly degraded output (measured by tell tale pilot) and eventually stopped. So I am thinking something didn't go right with the pump change. Problem is boat is in water and 6 miles from ramp. Other than loosing parts, any reason not to pull lower unit while boat is in the water? Obviously it will have to be completely submerged to clear the shaft. Or do I risk putting back up to boat ramp with no cooling water?

I don't see any reason why I wouldn't pull the lower while in the water. Everything that is there is flooded anyway.

Now, just because your telltale stream is degrading doesn't mean your pump is degraded. Many times the plastic thru cowling fitting can become clogged and your water pump and cooling system is just fine. Pull the hose off of the inside of that cowling fitting and see if you have a strong stream from the hose or if it is clogged there.

Other than that, if you want to back up to a beach on a lake, get your 14mm on and drop that unit, I'd say go for it.
    If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

did it overheat ?

Comment

no it didn't overheat.

Comment

run a piece of heavy mono or weed wacker line up the tell tail or use compressed air to blow up it to see if it will clear it out

Comment

Compressed air did the trick! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X