T50TLRA Carb/s leaks fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T50TLRA Carb/s leaks fuel

I just cleaned the carbs on my T50TLRA. Reinstalled and when I pump the fuel bulb 2 of them are leaking fuel through a sort of vent hole on the top corner of the carb, just below the top plate. Whats causing it? I feel confident it's reassembled correctly. Is it the needle valve not sealing/closing completely once the float is raised? Is there a problem with the fancy gasket below the top plate? The motor starts and then it really starts running out. It all comes from the back side of the carb assembly. I can hold the assembly away from the motor and pump the bulb and see the fuel run from the vent hole and from the throat of the carb. Can't stop the leak. All the fuel lines are sound and secured too. Any ideas??

Thanks!!

needle valves are not sealing, either debris was in the lines and is now in the carbs or it wasnt assembled correctly or the old needles got reused and are not on the same seats or the oring under the seat is missing or doubled if yours has removable seats.

in anycase, they come back apart.

Comment

Thanks rodbolt17 for the reply. I did reuse the old needle valves when I reassembled. I had already thought perhaps that could be the problem and ordered replacements from the sites sponsor, BOATS.net

Thanks for verifying it for me!

Comment

Working...
      X