twin 2004 yamaha 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin 2004 yamaha 225

Servicing motors today and started to change plugs. On my starboard engine, bottom right plug, took it out and water came out of plug hole. All other plugs were fine and do not see any rust in plug ports. Could it be from ethanl sitting in engine or am I looking at head casket or head issue? Never noticed any problems last year, ran it up into November.

Thanks, Dean

If you have had water in a cylinder for months, then you are not going to fix it with just a gasket and/or head.
    I am fairly sure the cylinder wall, rings,crank, and bearings are rusted from the water. Could be from corrosion in different places also. exhaust plates etc

You need to have it looked at by a good Yamaha shop with a Master tech
    Last edited by 99yam40; 03-03-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

yamaha 225 water

Did compression test on all cylinders. 165 to 170. Did pressure test, 100 pounds with less than 3 pound loss. Engine started and ran fine, not under load. Plug in cylinder that had water never skipped a beat. Used scope inside cylinder and no apparent holes or issues.
      Water is fresh water from when I flushed in November. No fuel starvation and all new fuel filters. When I changed the oil I did not see any water in the oil, just dirty from use.
      Could it leak around engine zinc holder. Those were replaced last season.

Comment

Working...
      X