Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T9.9 exht 1995

Greetings,

I am replacing the oil seal - below waterpump plate - on my 1995 T9.9 EXHT and the part # 93101-20048 from the Yamaha website appear to not fit correctly - too large and not made of malleable rubber like the one that came out. Questions:

1) is this the correct part?
    2) is there one or two - as only one came out however Yamaha parts diagram shows two; also the prop oil seal shows two and there was only one
    3) is a special tool required to insert this seal?

Thanks,

Jon
    Last edited by jmerrifield; 02-17-2013, 08:57 PM.

That is correct part number for that model number, there should be two seals on drive shaft and prop shaft.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks - is there any special tool required to insert them? As the seals are .11" larger than the inset and since the seals are not malleable I see no way to get them in.

Perhaps this is a different lower end - is there anyway to confirm this is the correct lower unit?

Comment

you might want to check to make sure you received the proper parts,
        measure the in and out diameter of what you got and any #s on the seals and call to have the correct part # measured to be sure they sent correct ones.
        It can happened .

Comment

No way of knowing if gearcase has been changed but those seals fit 1991 to current models.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X