awesome1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome1

I need help with low oil alarm on 150hp 2 stroke 2001.If I run motor under 3500rpm no problems runs all day no alarm if I get to around 4000 rpm low oil alarm comes on when engine tank runs down causing this alarm.If I top up engine tank alarm goes away but comes back on if I sit on 4000rmp for around 30 minutes. This has been happening for last 18 months and is starting to drive me crazy.Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Not enough oil being transfered from boat oil tank, check if oil hoses are pinched on back side of oil tank where fits into bracket, check oil filter on same tank and check oil transfer pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

awesome1

Thanks for that I will pull it all apart this weekend I replaced filter when problem first started .I will check oil transfer pump.

Comment

quick test.
        key on engine off.
        make sure remote tank at least 1/2 full and all 3 bars,arrows or green lamp on tach is lit.

now drain engine tank via the water trap until the audible sounds.
        turn key off and replace water trap.
        turn key to on DO NOT start engine.
        visual on tach should display all bars blinking, transfer pump will turn on and stay on for 180 seconds.
        engine tank should refill and pump turned off before the timer runs out.
        if not find the restriction.

Comment

awesome1

Thanks for the info rodbolt17 I checked everything you said turned out to be the pump on the main oil bottle had failed so was not pumping any oil to bottle on motor when the low alarm came on.

Comment

Working...
          X