88 model 115 wont open up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 model 115 wont open up

motor starts great , runs mid way great, just wont open full throttle, new cdi, new filters, new fuel pump, built carbs, link and sync, time set on bottom and top end 5 and 25 . at 3/4 throttle it will wind up for second then back off and stay there, i know this motor has got a lot left in it lol any ideals any carb adjustments that i may have missed. coming out of the hole it sluggish i can tickle choke and it will come on then when it hits certain spot it will back down got me scratching my head runs good just not up to wot it did year ago before carbs got cleaned and built. only geting 40mph out of a 60mph boat

maybe a fuel restriction. kinked fuel line, anti siphon valve, cracked pickup in the fuel tank. loose clamp sucking air, make sure your fuel supply is right. or the high speed circuit in the carbs is blocked. might want to find some one that can soak them in a ultra sonic cleaner for about 20 minutes.

Comment

thanks for reply but no circuits in these carbs

Comment

Jets and passages is what he was talking about as circuits

Comment

ok thanks i got carb kit plan to go into it looking for tech manual to get the settings for floats and different adjustments

Comment

Working...
          X