Conversion to Pre-mix Pro V 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion to Pre-mix Pro V 150

Well, after my previous thread, I realized I didn't have the funds to repair my injection system on my 86 Pro V 150 as I wanted. I converted it today to pre-mix 50:1. I removed both tanks. oil pump, sensors and control unit. I taped off existing connections and wires. I drained the fuel tank, lines and bowls on the carb. I put muffs on and she fired right up, no alarms. It actually seems to idle smoother now. I hope I did this correctly and would welcome any input being that I am a novice at this. I guess I will try to get her to the lake tomorrow to see how she does. Wish me luck and thanks in advance for any further input.

Did you install a block off plate and seal it over oil pump hole in block when you removed oil pump?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yes. I made a template from cardboard, cut it out of aluminum sheeting, added shorter screws and made a gasket from permatex. Is that ok?

Comment

Update

I am such a novice. Wanted to let it run, wasn't watching. Steam, overheat ,alarm. Shut it down. Fried the W.P. now I know why. 37 degrees F. Single muff, 75 ft. water hose. Didn't know single muffs were for 50 hp. or less. Ordered new complete W.P. and double muffs. Making a 10 ft. water hose. BTW, don't think there is any engine damage. Cold natured Yammi. She will fire up between 30- 60 secs. I shut her down less than 30 sec. later. Still smooth. I think I am ok. Will replace W.P this weekend. Am I good?

Just in case, this is for an 86 Pro V 150 just converted to pre-mix. Please digg me if you want, I'm just trying to learn. OK on autos, marine, hummmmm....

Comment

Working...
        X