Computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer?

About 9 months ago, I had a lightning strike that ran in through my battery charger on my 2004 HDPI 150 (VZ150TLRC). I had to have the computer replaced along with some other parts. Aftward, WOT was only 5200 rpm down from original 5600. I didn't get to go out but about 10 trips but, ran OK at 5200. Started back up fishing this fall and noticed rpm going down a little. Also, all six plugs were fouled. The tech said it sounded like clogged fuel filters. I Changed all fuel filters and added 10 micron water separating filter and new plugs. When I went out to test today, it started out running 5200 but dropped to 5000 in about 20 minutes. When I got home I pulled a couple of plugs and they were fouled. I have always thought I got a bad computer. What's up?
    Last edited by Bulldog 51; 11-22-2012, 02:43 PM.

guessing at what the problem might be is not the best way.

Have it hooked up to a computer by a knowledgeable Yamaha tech to see what is going on

Comment

I realize that. I was just trying to be a little more informed when I do go to the shop. It is already imtimidating to go to a place where someone you don't really know, hooks you up to a machine you can't look at yourself, and then gives you a bill that amounts to buying a small house. I am reasonaby intelligent and mechanically minded but small on the trust factor for major bucks. Sorry for the trouble. Have a good day.

Comment

ask for a print out and then post the info on your thread along with what they said.
        There are Yamaha master techs and other very knowledgeable people on this forum that can help you , but they need info.

could be other electronics may have been damaged by the lightning

Monitoring fuel pressures will show if there are any restriction in filters and screens
        I believe Computer will show high pressure, but low pressure will need to be with a gauge
        Last edited by 99yam40; 11-22-2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much. I can work with that.

Comment

Working...
          X