yamaha oil question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha oil question

Can I top off my F 150 4-M oil change with Yamaha full synthetic oil? Can they be mixed ? Also I wonder why the F 150 oil change kit only came with 5 quarts of oil when my F 150 needs 5.7 quarts when I change the oil and filter ?

Joe Raimondo

all oils are mixable, however, they may lose some of there abilities.
    im not use to the "quarts" system(live in sweden).
    but generally the amount of oil marked on the engine is to much,

how old is your engine?
    they lowered the amount of oil on most engines 3-4 years ago.

Example: the F80/F90/F100 went from 4,3 to 3,7 liters

if you are unsure, always have a look at the oil stick

Comment

I am sure how much oil my motor should have,I am just not sure why Yamaha's oil change kit only came with 5 quarts.
      Joe R

Comment

Oil question

I think Yamaha does not like to fill their engines to the max to allow room for a bit of "oil making" between oil changes.

Comment

Thanks for the input ,but IM sure it takes 5.7 quarts to fill. That puts it between the dots in the safe area and that is how much oil the owners manual says it takes when you do a oil and filter replacement. I just wish the kit came with all the oil to complete the service. Maybe Yamaha has another F-150 kit for my engine if so I could use the part number.Thanks again for the input.
          Joe R

Comment

the newer engines dont hold as much 4.5 qts.. you have to buy 1 more quart extra to do the oil change on the older ones..2010 and below..

Comment

Sequoiha, Thanks mine is a 2010.
              Thanks again Joe R

Comment

Working...
              X