Ultrasonic Cleaning for O2 Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrasonic Cleaning for O2 Sensor?

I have a 1999 200 0x66 engine with 1500+ hours.

I am going to be sending out the fuel injectors to be cleaned/tested and was wondering if anyone has had their Oxygen Density Sensor cleaned via ultrasonic bath?

I do my best to keep the outside of the sensor clean from carbon deposits, but was thinking the ultrasonic bath would help remove some of the carbon on the sensor itself.

I'd assume that I would want to keep the top of the sensor out of the bath, anything else to look out for?

I haven't heard back from FuelInjectorMan on whether he could do this - any other suggestions for reputable shops?

Thanks,

-- Tom

I usually soak the sensor end in a cap (use the can cap) of combustion chamber cleaner then rinse with carb cleaner.
    under no circcumstance let the liquid level go over the gasket/crimped area.
    then test per service bullitens,disregaurd the flame test one.

Comment

negitive,, i would not do that, ideally is to burn the o2 sensor off with a hand held map gas torch. be careful not to melt the element. I soak mine in ring free for a couple of hours then burn it off, do not wipe it off, use air to blow the sediment off....

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

I sent the injectors off to Brucato for service yesterday.

I guess I'll stick to soaking the O2 sensor to try and clean it up, maybe I haven't been giving it enough time.

-- Tom

Comment

like rodbolt said, have you checked the sensor per bulletin with the dvhm, it may be a bad sensor,,,

Comment

O2 Sensor has been working fine, and thanks to Rodbolt's posts over the years I understand how to troubleshoot.

Heard back that all of my injectors were having problems - 5 of them were flooding at idle/low-rpm and one was flooding constantly. Yikes!

Haven't got them back yet with the official report, but I believe that after cleaning and minor adjustments they all came back within spec.. glad I sent them out.

No real signs of anything wrong during normal use, maybe running a little rougher at idle and just started to notice a tiny gas sheen as in the water towards the end of the season.

-- Tom

Comment

leaky injectors can cause rough idle and a sheen.
              as can a damaged lift pump.
              or a leaking VST needle.

Comment

Working...
              X