60hp 2 stroke won't start, electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60hp 2 stroke won't start, electrical problem

Hello, I am a new user, a very independent woman. and have a question. I have 20ft pontoon with a 1999 60hp outboard 2 stroke that uses mixed gas, electric start. It stays docked in the water all summer. I docked the boat 1 week ago, went out yesterday to take a ride and it would not start. This motor has never let me down but it getting some age on it. The battery is not the problem, it's fully charged. I have power to the lights, light switches and depth finder. No power to the tilt and trim or gauges. I turn the switch and get nothing, no noise, clicking, nothing. I used a volt meter and checked what I could but it is kinda hard to really check things leaning over. The boat is in the water. No blown fuses that I can find. Any suggestions before I call in the local marine mechanic @$$$? Thanks!!

a couple of things come to mind, break it down into 2 systems, the boat and the engine,
    if everything on the boat works then lets look at the engine, no tilt and trim, nothing on the key, probably the main fuse on the engine, pull the cowling and near the starter are 2 inline fuses, check these, could also possibly be a battery cable from the engine.

Comment

Working...
    X