Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb sync

Hi,

If I remove the carbies and replace float, needle and seat, gaskets and o rings then replace without touching jets, do they need tuning and resyncing again? I have no way to resync them without having to pay again. I have only just forked out $700 for full carbie clean, then was told they need a kit though them.
    I have 1999 F50 AET

Dylan

If you remove the carbs from the intake then it will have to be synced.. you might get lucky, but if it were mine i wouldnt chance it.

Comment

Cheers for that. I thought as much. Oh well up for money again. Sick of getting ripped off though.

Comment

They cleaned the carbs without putting kits in and charged you $700 for what?Just the labor? Sounds like you got ripped.
        In my opinion $700 should have been for parts(kits or parts needed) and labor
        Did it run properly after they finished the clean and setting?

Why are the kits needed? bad floats, needle/seats, o-rings, or gaskets?
        Who told you the kits are needed instead of just what parts are bad?
        And why did they not put in what was needed?

Comment

Hi,
          They pulled apart cleaned, replaced 1 main jet, apron and thats it.
          I got it back and took it out had flat spot between 2000 and 3000 rpm then after some *****ing it died. I had time to start it had to give it heaps of throttle to start. It was flooded and heaps of fuel floating on the water. After it kept stalling at low revs. I rang them up and they said it needs a carby kit through all 4 carbys.
          I am going to do it myself this time I am so pissed of not even going to take it back to them to fix it.
          Macca

Comment

seems you need another mechanic,,, its a shame people charge other people to do a job and its crap..... this should not be a hard diagnostics or repair...

Comment

Working...
            X