2003 yamaha F115 TXRB issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 yamaha F115 TXRB issues

I have a 2003 F115 TXRB that started cutting out or stalling when under load during the 1st 10 minutes of operation. It does it 2-3 times then is fine the rest of the day, great exceleration, top end, etc. After it happened the first time, I did notice a loose ground wire which I tightened and the wire to the oil pressure switch was slightly corroded so I cleaned that, too. I also noticed the IAC valve didn't always "click" so I took it out and cleaned as best I could. I fished the boat hard for about a month without any issues, then the last day of salmon season, it did it again. When I hook the engine up to the YDS program it gives me a shift position switch code error (which it's done everytime I've had it cut out), but I doubt that is going to cause the engine to quit. However, I'm wondering if the ECU is having issues in combination with the IAC sticking???
    I should mention that I have had fuel related issues and cleaned the entire fuel system and replaced the VST filter, clean the injectors. I did not replace the fuel pump yet. The engine has about 1630 hours.
    Brad M.

a sticking isc valve can and will take out an ecu.
    there are no codes associated with the isc.

Comment

Ok. The random nature of the issue makes it difficult to track down the culprit. In the mean time, I guess I'll just try to eliminate any other possibilities from the equation. I can replace the ISC valve easily enough, though they're a bit pricey for tiny little part...
      Brad M.

Comment

You might get some info on F115 s out of this thread.
        Hope he did not sell you his motor

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...e-th15590.html

Comment

Nope. Different engine. I've been the owner since 2003. Thanks for the link though.
          Brad M.

Comment

need an altenator?
            I looked at that link.
            I seriously need a life.
            shift position switch codes are typically set when the ECU detects RPM or tthrottle positions its not mapped for.
            however it wont affect running on that motor.

Comment

Rod You just need to keep lubricated well ( hope it is not the hard stuff , just Bud lite) and go with the flow. Usually it takes about 10 to 12 to really get going

Comment

I did find that my main positive battery cable is showing signs of corrosion so I'll replace that. Rodboldt are you referring to the Stator when you say alternator? I have not checked the stator yet.
                Thanks for your input.
                Brad M.

Comment

altenator thing is a joke.
                  sometimes you can soak the ISC in combustion chamber cleaner.
                  dont submerge it.

Comment

On a slightly different thread, I heard yamaha made quite a few changes to their 115 fuel system. I wonder what they did to rectify the issues they were having on the earlier models?
                    Brad M.

Comment

there were no problems with the multi shutter design that we wont have with the single shutter.
                      nasty gas is nasty gas.
                      thank god,and a foolish govt, for E fuels.
                      E fuels are the us govt marine tech stimulous.

Comment

Working...
                      X