Need some help with tach wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with tach wiring

I need a little help with some wiring colors, I have a 93 150hp yamaha with digital gauges. I am replacing the gauges the speedo gauge wires all match colors and works great, but the tach gauge has different wiring colors than my harness and old gauge. The Wires on this tach gauge are Brown/white
    Brown/Yellow
    Black/Orange

Yellow/Blue
    Black/Red
    Green/Red

Then a seperate grey wire and a seperate purple wire then also has the lighting wires. I am not sure of P/N

I need to know if this gauge will work? Is there an adapter? can it be wired seperatly for each function? This is not a new style gauge with dip switches.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by crosswind7; 09-06-2012, 09:36 PM.

I am on my way out the door but i will send you a schematics of all Yami wiring this eve. Cat

Comment

Not sure what gauge you have, looks like Honda wiring but not sure,
      Here is Yamaha wire diagram, 6Y5_704 Wiring.pdf
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok I have a regular yamaha harness in boat everything works great but, the new yamaha tach [B]Gauge[B] has the wire colors noted above, the schematics and diagrams I have all show normal wiring colors, Green=tach, Yellow and black wires=power and ground, Black/white orange grey pink=trim level, green/red green/white=oil level and blue and black=lighting. The only #s on gauge are 883. does anyone know if this gauge can be used, maybe with an adapter or can I find out what wire does what function and wire it up manually, this is a new one on me, any help would be great, I tried to post pics but havent figured out how yet.

Comment

I don't know what gauge you have but I don't know of any Yamaha adapter harness for those colored wires.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X