Yamaha 115 injectors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 115 injectors!

Borrowed my brother-in-laws's Key West with 115HP Yamaha 4 stroke last week, I put $97 worth of gas in his tank, 5 miles down the river #3 injector plugs up! running on 3 cylinders, end of fishing on first day!...seems he's had a lot of trouble with water/ethanol/injectors/whatever for several years now, sent injectors for cleaning, Racor Filter, spent lots of time and $$$....I knew I should have taken my own boat instead of borrowing his rig. I love my 90C with carbs/premix...no problems...ever. Now my son runs a 90HP Yamaha 4 stroke and loves it...no problems. But seems once you get water in the system on an injected motor, then you may have problems for a long time!

Water is worst enemy of fuel injection, probably need to remove VST and check fuel pump housing for corrosion or rust particles and clean, if debris in VST will get into injectors and plug them up.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yep, and I expect lots of folks just drain the tank, clean the filters and injectors and think they're good to go. Brother in law just had the injectors professionally cleaned and a Racor with clear glass bottom...looked like everything was O.K.!....then I showed up!....was on the river about 30 minutes before it screwed up! Think I'll keep my 90C!

Comment

It is never a good idea to borrow someone else's boat.
        They blame you for problem and you end up paying for something that you do not own after all is said and done.
        And everyone is not happy

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          It is never a good idea to borrow someone else's boat.
          They blame you for problem and you end up paying for something that you do not own after all is said and done.
          And everyone is not happy
          Yep, I hate to borrow anything, but brother-in-law said, "no need dragging your rig 350 miles down here, my boat's at the dock, ready to go"...RIGHT!
          He's been having on-going issues with his injectors/fuel system, so the problem was no great surprise, but nevertheless, I was running the @#$% boat when it screwed up!....at least he got a free tank of gas out of it!

Comment

Working...
          X