My first Yamaha is an F40ELH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Yamaha is an F40ELH

After owning OMC and Evinrude products all my life I just purchased my first (new to me) Yamaha. I am just looking for some information if anyone can help. I want to buy a service manual to start and I want to make sure I order the proper one. Ok here's my questions:
    I was told that the engine I bought is a 2006 is this true? The information I found on the stickers is F40ELH manufactured 05/05.
    What does the F, E,L,H stand for?
    Since it's used is there anything that I should do as a maintenance item ASAP to be on the safe side?
    Thanks,
    Jim

YAMAHA MANUAL STORE

Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I can't find an F40ELH anywhere in 2005 or 2006 manuals. That's my problem and why I was asking about the model number.

Comment

F is four stroke
        E is electric start with manual trim
        L is 20" shaft and H is tiller handle.
        motors made prior to april of 05 would have a forth alpha character indicating model year.
        motors made after april of 05 require a pid and a production date code.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate your reply. Would you suggest that I look at 2005 or 2006 service manuals?

Comment

Ok I also found these numbers on the serial number label 67c L 1020486 and when I entered 67C 1020486 in the search field for maunals it does not find one for my type. Any ideas?

Comment

where are you and this motor located?

F40ELH is not found in my searches either

Comment

Ontario, Canada

Comment

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

my thoughts are to contact local Yamaha shop to see what they say as I do not know if Canada had different motors than USA

Comment

Working...
                    X