Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know fuel line diameter for yamaha 25hp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know fuel line diameter for yamaha 25hp?

After having my motor leave us stranded on a lake camping trip, i am now installing a yamaha mini 10 fuel and water seperator filter on my 14' aluminum boat. We got towed back to a nearby launch and got the boat home. I pulled the carbs all apart and cleaned them, and found water in my gas in the fuel filter on the motor, and also in the fuel line when i pumped it out.

The mini 10 filter kit didn't come with the brass 90 degree fittings that go into the filter housing. I know the thread is 1/4" npt, but i need to know what diameter hose my motor uses without cutting it and measuring. Does anyone know? It looks like either 1/4" or 5/16". Hopefully one of you knows. Thanks guys

25 hp yammi gaS LINES SIZE

i just replaced mine and i went with 1/4 because my tank sits close to transom ,using 5/16 is ok as well ,i called tech service last year when i changed them.at that time i was running about 15-16 ft long line from the front to back.he advised me to stay with the larger of the two for distance as it would keep more gas available at the engine.i usually replace the lines every other year since the e-10 problems and the purchase of another boat ,as the lines would most probably not be newer.also make sure your fittings are good as the weather can deteriate(spelling) them and cause a loose fit.a very good idea would be to keep a filter wrench and a spare filter on board.also check often the small gas filter on the side of engine under the cowling, just unscrew the bowl and dump.

mudjon09

Comment

Original Yamaha fuel line is 6mm hose, which is just over 1/4 inch. 1/4 will work on a 25hp.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

You can buy those brass fittings/hose barbs and hose clamps at Ace Hardware, True Value Hardware, and similar places. Use White Teflon Pipe Compound, not the Teflon Tape, for fittings. Use the Yamaha Marine Fuel lines, not automotive fuel hoses. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks so much for the help guys. I'm in Canada though, but i'll search the stores in my city. THanks again

Comment

Working...
          X